In Our Kitchen
- Employees must stay home if they are sick or showing even the mildest symptoms of COVID-19.
- Daily temperature record for all employees.
- All ServeSafe guidelines are followed in preparation and in handling food.
- A ServeSafe Manager is on site.
- Regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment are performed. Cleaning chemicals that kill viruses are used. Manufacturer’s instructions for use of all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, PPE) are used.
- The work environment promotes personal hygiene. No-touch trash cans, hand soap, alcohol-based hand rubs or sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol, disinfectants, and disposable towels for workers to clean their work surfaces are used.
- Regular handwashing is required. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available upon entry into the building.
- PPE (i.e. masks and gloves) are provided. Face shields are available.
- Customers’ and the public’s access to the worksite is restricted.
- Workstations are separated by at least 6 feet allowing employees to maintain distance from one another.
- Our employees will deliver, set-up and serve your food (no third-party deliveries). No-contact delivery is available upon request.
- Employees will wear masks while in your building and wash/disinfect hands and wear gloves when serving food.
- Individual meals (hot or cold) are available (no sharing of anything!)
- Served buffet also available, using CDC guidelines.
Cancellations made must be made at least 72 hours in advance (3 business days).
Special Event menus may require additional advance notice of cancellation.
Cancellations made within the cancellation window are subject to charge. This charge is typically 50% of the food and beverage charge on your invoice. If the food for your event has already been prepared, the full food charge will be billed.
In the event of an Act of God (remember Snowgeddon?), we will work together to make the best decision BEFORE your event. Many times, cancellation is the only option for safety reasons (both your guests and our staff). Typically, this decision can be made outside of the 72-hour cancellation requirement. When advisory weather is announced and you cancel outside the 72-hour window, there will be no charges. If you choose NOT to cancel your event outside the 72-hour window, you will be charged for food and beverages.
Minimums/Dates of Closure
Figs and Honey Catering is not open on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day. However, we can prepare food prior to that day for you to heat and serve for your guests. We can even use your dishes (if you deliver them to us prior to the event).
We require a minimum of 10 guests for a delivery order for meals on weekdays. Weekend minimums are $500 for food and beverage charges.