Can Atlantans still Cater events – even with the Coronavirus hitting Fulton County?
A simple answer is “yes,” catering is still an option, even though the concerns over the Coronavirus are top most in folks mind now.
However, the more complex answer would be to ask the follow questions to the company you are asking to cater the event:
- Is anyone at your company experiencing the flu-like symptoms, or have they been in contact with anyone who is?
- Has anyone is your company traveled out of the country in the past month or been around anyone who has?
- What are your policies about ensuring that the food is prepared in a sanitary manner.
- Do you have options in place that can take the place of the traditional buffet we generally serve?
Assuming those questions are answered to your satisfaction, we would still recommend the following:
- If you are providing a buffet lunch for your staff, we suggest the following precautions:
- Provide hand sanitizer for all personnel before they enter the buffet line.
- Consider serving the food (fewer people handling the serving utensils) rather than having people serve themselves.
- Have the person serving wash their hands thoroughly, using soap, for at least 20 seconds prior to serving. Provide gloves for the person serving.
- Have trash cans readily available so folks can throw away their own plates, forks, cups, etc.
- Wipe all solid surfaces (tables, etc.) with a disinfecting solution or wipe after the meeting concludes.
- Instead of the “traditional” buffet, provide an individual “boxed” lunch for your employees. Figs and Honey can provide Sandwich, Salad, or HOT MEALS, individually packaged for your staff so the concerns of the buffet meal can be avoided.
If you have any other questions or concerns about your next event (corporate or personal), call Figs and Honey Catering. We will be happy to answer your questions.